Kare Design GmbH – a leader in its segment of the market – is a privately owned company with international operations in the field of furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories. With its ‘Joy of living’ slogan the company markets unconventional furnishing under its own KARE brand. Today the company counts more than 200 shops in 50 countries.
KARE helps personalities worldwide highlight their individuality and build a happy place by creating and offering a variety of unique, inspiring and joyful products, arrangements and services.
Growing constantly since 1981
With its inexhaustible variety of new trend themes in the field of furnishing the mid-sized company makes a strong impact on consumers, business associates in the furniture business, contract furnishing clients and franchise partners. On the market the brand attracts attention with its ‘furnishing theatre’, the sensuous showcasing of furniture, lamps and decorations in eye-catching furnishing worlds. Ever since it was founded in 1981 KARE Design GmbH has registered steady growth thanks to its flair for strategy and new markets, backed by a product range of around 5,000 articles and an average of 2,000 new products every year.
Retail, wholesale, franchise system, contract furnishing, e-commerce
The company is globally prominent with 100 franchise stores in nearly 50 countries, together with 100 premium shop-in-shop outlets. In addition, the company supplies hundreds of furniture and design stores, both in Germany and throughout the world.
KARE Design GmbH also has its own shops in Munich, Regensburg and Vienna. They include the ‘KARE Kraftwerk’ flagship store in Munich, which opened its doors in 2014 with a showroom area of 10,000 m², a contract furnishing studio and a restaurant with roof terrace – all housed in an industrial monument which is known throughout the city. In 2015 the flagship store received the German Retail Association’s ‘Shops of the Year’ award. In Germany the trendsetter on the furniture market also sells its product range through its own online shop.
International trade fair participations
KARE presents its furnishing worlds and products at all the world’s main furniture fairs, such as Salone del Mobile in Milan, Objet & Maison in Paris, Ambiente in Frankfurt and imm in Cologne. In addition, the company organises its own in-house exhibitions for its B2B customers in the 3,000 m² showroom at the company’s HQ in Garching-Hochbrück.
Subsidiaries for contract furnishing
When it founded its KARE Objekt GmbH subsidiary in 2016 the company created a solid base for the furnishing of commercial premises, ranging from restaurants to modular residential units.
Overview: KARE Today
- KARE’s own furniture stores in Munich, Regensburg and Vienna
- KARE Kraftwerk: an award-winning flagship store with a 10,000 m² showroom area and restaurant in Munich
- More than 200 KARE shops, franchise and shop in shop, in almost 50 countries on four continents
- Hundreds of furniture stores right around the world with KARE furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories
- KARE’s own online shop
- KARE Objekt GmbH subsidiary for the furnishing of commercial premises
- More than 1 Mio. Fans on Social Media worldwide
- Jürgen Reiter and Peter Schönhofen establish the principle on which KARE is based: fabulous furnishing design at an attractive price and with a decisive touch of unconventional styling.
- For the first time KARE presents itself to an international public at Germany’s most important furniture fair, imm in Cologne
- In-depth experience with its own stores and the success of its product portfolio in the international furnishing business, backed by a successful wholesaling business, smooth the way for the KARE franchise system. In KARE Vienna the first KARE franchise shop opens its doors.
- Salone del Mobile in Milan: participation by the KARE brand in the world’s most important furniture fair represents a milestone on the way to the wider world and the opening up of international markets.
- Our creative ideas receive their own home. In the Munich north district of Garching the company moves into its HQ, together with a 30,000 m² logistics facility. Part of the HQ is the 3.000 m² ‘Redboxx’ showroom – this is the stage for the entire product range as well as an event location, home to 3 in-house exhibitions a year and the ideas workshop for KARE’s creative and decorative team.
- 50 KARE shops worldwide: the company remains on a successful course with its franchise system.
- KARE launches its online shop for Germany, featuring furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories. The company expands its multi-channel strategy with the KARE online shop.
- KARE Kraftwerk opens its doors in Munich: an award-winning flagship store with a showroom area of 10,000 m² in the industrial architecture of a former power station, together with the ‘Küche im Kraftwerk’ restaurant and huge panorama terrace.
- The KARE Kraftwerk flagship store receives the German Retail Association’s ‘Shops of the Year 2015’ award for its innovative and unconventional concept.
- KARE celebrates more than 100 franchise shops in nearly 50 countries.
- KARE celebrates 100 franchise shops worldwide as well as an additional 100 shop-in-shop spaces in the furniture trade.
- Augmented and virtual reality: expansion of the KARE app Room Designer with state of the art applications for inspiration and planning of furniture purchases
- Launch of the company-wide digitalisation offensive
- Plan and advise like the pros: introduction of innovative tools for 3D furnishing advice
- KARE goes viral: shops and showroom are completely digitalised for digital tours in high-resolution 3D image quality
- As one of the first international interior design brands, KARE organises hybrid trade fairs