In our press room, journalists will find current information on our company and its products as well as downloadable press releases. For editorial purposes, we offer high resolution pictures of KARE products and KARE living compositions. Please request your access to the image database here. For further information please contact our press department at the KARE headquarters.
Kare Design GmbH is a private company with international operations in the fields of furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories. As a franchisor, wholesaler, retailer, shop-in-shop operator, contract furnishing business and trendsetter in interior decoration the Munich-based company has registered uninterrupted growth since the time it was founded. Since 1981 the Kare brand symbolises furnishing ideas which are unique, non-conformist and authentic – never boring and always full of imagination and inspiration. Please find all information about the company, the mission and history here:
10. August 2016; The company KARE Design GmbH has reached an impressive milestone on its road of success: 100 franchise stores are open around the world today. Where do the roots of this development lie and how was the start-up idea born? A flashback to the year 1981 in Munich: Jürgen Reiter and Peter Schönhofen, both design fans and schoolmates, intended to pimp their jointed students apartment. They had a huge passion for beautiful design, a small budget and a smart idea. At that time design furniture was kind of elitist and really expensive and as a consequence Reiter and Schönhofen decided to reinvent furniture design. Their credo: furniture deserves great design at an attractive price garnished with a pinch of eccentricity. Check out the interview:
January 2018 / press release; For the first time Kare Design will be presenting its unconventional furnishing worlds and around 1000 new products at a premium location in Hall 10. The company’s stand welcomes visitors as an experience world full of striking furniture, lighting and accessories. The highlight themes amongst others: • Country style adapted to an urban setting, slowing the pace down with colour therapy: furnishing worlds in Blue and Blush and retro chic, which rouses feelings of nostalgia.
January 2018 / Lookbook; The new products presented by the highly successful trend creators at Kare Design are a plea for sensuousness, boldness and individuality in furnishing. With spectacular furniture, lighting and accessories the glittering Munich furniture brand creates an unmistakable look far from the mainstream.
November 2017 / press release; The third Kare Shop in Croatia has opened its doors. With its new store Kare is now showcasing stylish furniture, lighting and furnishing accessories with an impact-making ‘wow’ effect in Dubrovnik, too. On the occasion of the official opening early in November Kare CEO Peter Schönhofen welcomed a number of illustrious guests, including Croatia’s most successful opinion-shaper Hana Handziavdagic with blogger colleague and TV presenter Marijana Batinic as well as TV teams and prominent local celebrities.
October 2017 / press newsletter; Plain or glamourous, classy or edgy, natural or playful – here comes the complete presentation of our new lights with new products and mood pictures. Within our wide range there are three major trends: Gold is back, stone is a brand new material in lamp design and with regard to chandeliers our designers play with jingling shell plates and silver threads.
August 2017 / Welcome to the Urban Jungle – this is the slogan under which the KARE furnishing designers demonstrate how to combine inspiration from nature with elegant glamour in order to create distinctive furnishing worlds. Here are some of our new autumn and winter treasures. Velvet, gem colors and ultra-thin panels cut from real stone for furniture fronts…
July 2017 / Press release; Workshop furniture, drawer cabinets and mini dressers are the perfect storage articles when it comes to accommodating lots of bits and pieces, fashion accessories and office utensils. The ideas are provided by functional furniture from former industrial lofts and manufacturing workshops. The modern look is typified by a combination of wood and metal, traces of concrete styling, traditional metal bow handles and framed windows for labels on the drawers. Here you can discover the diversity of our products in ambience photos, including the X-Factory furniture series which combines light-coloured wood with the concrete look.
June 2017/Press newsletter; Sweet dreams for every furnishing style – KARE is devoted to original diversity and individual furnishing ideas. In detailed ambience images we present six differently furnished bedrooms: romantic and delicate, modern and unadorned, elegant with a touch of drama, in the ethnic style featuring natural wood, as a style mix consisting of loft and vintage, and with an out-of-the-ordinary retro look featuring dark wood.
May 2017; Bogota’s pulsating top shopping district, Zona T, is the location for the recently opened second KARE shop in this booming South American city. According to KARE CEO Peter Schönhofen the first shop in the city, which he opened with his Colombian franchise partners last December, has had a massive impact: “The opening of Bogota 2 only a few months later confirms the potential of this market”.
May 2017; Chill, read a book or chitchat – that’s what we want to do in our favorite chair. Discover rocking and swivel chairs, with or without a stool, design classics, retro stars and “Snake” the most comfortable lounger at all. In addition we picked lamps and side tables as stylish companions and arranged living environments. Find inspirations in our overview.
April 2017/Press newsletter; We proudly present our new general catalogue, browse through the online version using the link at the end of this text.
We present surprising furnishing ideas, decorative accessories and lamps in a broad variety of styles.In addition we present in a Milan trade fair special selected new articles of furniture with a focus on sofas.
April 2017; March KARE’s Portuguese franchisee opened up a second store with a sales area of 700 m². The KARE brand successfully launched in Lisbon with its first furniture store in 2010, because such ‘joie de vivre’ is in the DNA of the brand. The new shop is at the heart of the popular Campo de Ourique, a vibrant residential and business district around 10 minutes from the city centre. With this new shop in a trendy district KARE is taking advantage of an opportunity to display a wider range and its latest trend worlds on a larger sales area.
March 2017/Press newsletter; These colors make us happy: light blue, gentle mint green and sweet rose. Discover decorative cacti, romantic chest of drawers, cushions, tins, coffee tables, table lamps with pastel colored pug dogs and more as well as our series “Patchwork Powder” with flower prints – all in smooth pastel colors. We introduce smart solutions for small corridors with wardrobes, stools and more shown in new mood pictures – get inspired:
February 2017; If it is some hot dogs as flashing objects for the wall or a Vespa scooter as a table lamp – check out here more creative decoration ideas and our preview with pictures.
Januar 2017; Don’t miss! KARE presents the new collections 2017 and around 20 trend themes in interior design from 02.-06. September 2016 in Paris. Experience the world premiere of the brand new trend theme “Glam Rock”: eclectic, inspiring and somewhat wild. Just imagine a hip hotel in New York where Rihanna invites to sip a Negroni – “Glam Rock” would be the perfect setting. KARE in hall 5A, booth 164/165.
January 2017; When the global elite of furniture design gets together at the Milan furniture fair KARE proudly presents its latest trends. Check out our Milan lookbook 2017 with a selection of highlights of the KARE fair staging.
September 2016; With around 1,000 spectacular articles of furniture and the creativity which is so typical of KARE, the glittering Munich furniture brand sets the tone for interiors full of bold joie de vivre in difficult times. KARE reflects today’s main global furnishing trends: the longing for quiet and nature at home, the desire for entertaining furniture design and enjoyment of glamorous furniture and decoration surroundings.
09. February 2016; During times of turbulence there is a tendency for clarity and simplicity to enter the home. Proof of this is the victorious progress of the Scandinavian furnishing style, the popularity of wood and natural materials, and the relaxed mixture of old and new. A little spice is added by freestyle furnishing ideas which make imaginative use of accessories and creative stand-alone items. At Ambiente in Frankfurt the international trend brand KARE is presenting no fewer than 20 spectacular furnishing themes and around 1000 new products. In line with the brand philosophy of “joy of living” the KARE designers develop creative ideas which are guaranteed to add the right decorative spice to anyone’s living room.
January 2016; In a skilful mix of styles whimsical fluffy chairs combine with wild-oak Scandinavian furniture; in a nomad tent, shelves with the curved lines of sand dunes are grouped into a furnishing oasis, and interior design celebrates the dining table as the furnishing star of the year – the Kare furniture brand brings the trends of imm 2016 into focus. Furnishing trend 1: the dining table takes a starring role as a communicative meeting place. Furnishing trend 2: that oasis feeling – the impulses behind the desert look. Furnishing trend 3: Joy of living – the tousled “Yeti” armchair meet the “Spaghetti” sideboard.
09. August 2016; KARE’s furnishing ideas are conquering the world: with 100 KARE shops in 40 countries, our creative and unconventional products demonstrate that there are no limits to the fun in furnishing. In more than 40 countries our furniture, lamps and accessories represent out-of-the-ordinary furnishing design – bold, surprising and highly individual. In 1981 when they were still students, Jürgen Reiter and Peter Schönhofen established their first store in Munich – for the simple reason that they missed the rock ‘n’ roll element in furnishing. Today KARE represents a vast stylistic treasure trove of creative furnishing ideas: from vintage via ethno to glamour, from retro and industrial chic via modern romanticism to scandi and the natural look.
31. May 2016; Smart concept store offers new experiences: “Panem et circenses” is how Viktoria Golubeva, co-owner of the new store, interprets the KARE brand philosophy for the Saratov metropolitan region, which is picturesquely located on the banks of the Volga. In their concept store Kare’s new Russian partners present a 1000 m² display of glamorous furniture, lighting and accessories – all combined with an unconventional gastronomic offering.
January 2016; The one hundredth franchise shop of the Munich furniture makers Kare recently opened its doors in Milan, the undisputed centre of international furniture design. This landmark opening demonstrates the continued success of the course taken by the design furniture brand with its franchise concept for furniture retailers. For the current year the company’s franchise division is already working on a number of further new store projects both in Europe and on a worldwide scale.
30. September 2016; Harmonious, mellow and natural: we introduce news furniture series of pure solid wood crafted by hand with charming details such as henna paintings and carvings. The KARE styling team completes the natural look at home with cosy wool carpets, shimmering, decorative bowls formed as leafs, cushions with prints of forest animals and romantic lanterns. The KARE furnishing theme “Puro” promises a sensual interior design experience that relieves of everyday hassle. More details and overview of pictures:
08. August 2016; Like something special brought home from a trip to the countryside, the Vintage Romance collection will bring a distinctive and personal touch to your home. All the furniture in this range combines perfectly with contemporary pieces such as unadorned shell chairs, but it also enjoys the kind of glamour provided by a chandelier, for example. Our furniture makers combine rustic, well-finished and solid mango wood with real ceramic tiles in delicate colours. Check out the product and picture overview:
15. March 2016; We present current product favorites in our overview in March. The “Romantic Nature” series displays romantic dream furnishing with decorative references to flora and fauna: for example a filigree forest as a coat stand and wall-mounted cupboards with botanical inspiration. “Beachclub” stands for unforgettable holiday sensations and innovative products, including a surfboard which serves as a hat rack. In “Shelves” we collected what our creative spirits have had on the subject of shelving. Send an email to email@example.com if you like to be supported with high resolution pictures.
March 2016; Sustainable, natural, modern – as if it was created to provide everlasting furnishing delight: this is the Authentico collection from KARE. As one of our basic series, it is regularly enhanced by our furniture designers with new variants such as wall shelving in the shape of a speech bubble from the comics, or a shelf unit formed from crazily stacked cubes. This solid wood furniture with its stylish finish features contemporary design, robustness and a homely atmosphere – favourite pieces which we are always glad to have around us. Read our press release under MORE and discover the Authentico online broschure here. For pictures please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. December 2015; The furniture company is enlarging its global network of brand shops by adding new countries and brand partners. Every two weeks new doors are being opened to the furnishing experience worlds of the Kare furniture creators.
September 2015; Whether it’s dressers with metal fittings featuring moon motifs, bright and cheerful wooden furniture with graphic prints going under the highly appropriate name of ‘Soleil’, or brash pop art designs in Bauhaus colours – at Maison & Objet KARE’s creative spirits will be presenting their new products in a stylish orgy of materials, colours and shapes.
February 2015; A shelf in the form of a horse, a cocktail chair in baby pink featuring a flamingo print and a lighting object for the wall in the form of a plump piglet – the creative spirits at Munich’s furniture producers demonstrate how much fun the process of furnishing can be. Humour and a touch of curiosity are essential ingredients.
January 2015; Kare Kraftwerk, the flagship store of international furniture company Kare Design GmbH, recently took first place in the ‘Living’ category of a competition organised by HDE, Germany’s retailing association. Every year HDE searches out the country’s most exciting and interesting retail stores, and this year the organisation found what it was looking for.
October 2015; In furniture design concrete is a fascinating new material, and designers are excited by the diverse range of possibilities it offers. With surfaces which can be polished or deliberately left slightly rough, furniture made from concrete by no means makes a cool impression but instead looks inviting, especially in combination with warm shades of metal such as gold, copper and brass.
August 2015; The new splendor at home comes along with a modern, unexpected twist: references to the art déco style and retro shapes as well as velvet surfaces. This modern luxury is anything but snobbish – gold and brass details of shelfs or illumination shimmer discretely and highly glossy, red cabinets take over the role of a key piece in the living room. Discover the JAZZ collection and about 60 related products in our product overview.
April 2015; The shapes are borrowed from the seventies, lines and forms are clear and with round edges. In a wild and crazy surrounding the key pieces offer an architecturally calmness.